Now, my regulars will know that I love a bit of baking, I occasionally bang on about my amazing chocolate brownie recipe that never fails to get those
"I don't like chocolate"
types coming back for more... And today I'm going to share my recipe with you!
I originally got the recipe from Angel Adoree's The Vintage Tea Party (fabulous tea party book, you should all definitely buy it!) and tweaked it a bit to taste.
It's also super fab as it's gluten free, and wheat free, yet still super yummy!
- 250g (about 8oz if you've got cool old scales like mine!) of the best dark chocolate you can afford (as you can see, mine's only cheap stuff but high in cocoa)
- 250g butter (preferably unsalted if you want my opinion!)
- 175g (about 6oz) caster sugar
- 3 large eggs or 4 normal sized ones
- 3 tablespoons of ground almond
- Melt the chocolate and butter together. Microwaves, in my opinion, are evil, especially when chocolate's involved!! I always melt mine the good old fashioned way!
- Poor into a mixing bowl and allow to cool down a bit. Now's also a good time to pop your oven on! I have mine on around 160-170*C on a conventional oven.
- Pop it in the pre-heated oven for around 20-25 minutes, until the outside is baked but it's still a bit wobbly in the middle. At this point, turn off your oven, but leave it in there for about another 10 minutes. When you take it out, pop it on a cooling rack still in the pan/tray, when it's cool it needs to be kept in the fridge really as it's sooooo gooey you'll get in a right mess otherwise!!
And voila! The best gooey choccy brownie in all the land!!!
It's fab straight out of the oven with a dollop of ice-cream, and is lovely straight from the fridge, but I prefer it once it's been out of the fridge for around an hour.... It's so gooey and lush and complete melt in the mouth heaven!!!
It's also yummy if you add marshmallows, cherries, or a little glug of your favourite tipple!!
love Ms Bee