I LOVE WHOOPIE PIES!!!
There, I said it!
Here's my favorite tried and tested chocolate whoopie pie recipe...
1 tsp vanilla extract
250g plain flour
30g cocoa powder
½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180*C. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. (Do not let the base of the bowl touch the water.)
- Whisk the sugar, eggs and vanilla together in a separate bowl then fold in the chocolate mixture.
- Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder together, then fold into the chocolate and egg mixture.
- Place tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking tray (the mixture should make 36 biscuits) and bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside half of the biscuits on a cooling rack. Turn the remaining biscuits over and place a marshmallow on top of each. Return to the oven for 2-3 minutes, or until the marshmallows have softened.
- Remove from the oven and set aside on a cooling rack to cool slightly. Press the cooled biscuits on top.
And that's it, ready to eat!!!