Wednesday 1 October 2014

In pictures: September

September's my second favorite month, after December ofcourse!

This one seemed really quiet, and before I made my collages I couldn't really think of much that had happened... Turns out I've done quite a lot!!

This month I've been saving my pennies as much as possible - was the first month I had to dip in to my redundancy pay and like to save as much as possible - so I've spent quote a lot of time at home, crocheting (extra pennies!) and hanging out with the family.

I've been to car shows, motorbike meets, wool fairs, and craft fairs, and been for walks in the countryside and the woods. There's been a family wedding vow renewal, job interviews, and a few birthdays... Including mine yesterday!!

Most people go all sentimental and nostalgic at New Year, not me, I do it on my birthday, to me it seems more poinent, more personal, rather than just doing it because society says you should! Today I'm feeling really contemplative. This year's been crazy! My birthday last year wasn't great, there were a couple of glimpses of fun (Willy Wonka day was pretty amazing if you ignore the hassle leafing up to it, there were lovely breaks to Brighton and St Ives, and I went to a very cool Tom O'dell gig!) then Christmas came, it was alright, then nothing really happened until it all went tits up in April/May... Then I moved in to my beautiful flat, had another trip to Brighton, spent all summer chilling out in the sunshine, had a brief but wonderful series of encounters with a rather lovely young man, messed up said wonderful series of encounters, learnt from it, got my confidence back, and started the great career hunt... And now I'm 29!! Just crazy!!

What have I learnt? Not to settle for second best. To love and let others love me. To trust if it feels right. That if it feels right it probably is right. Not to fight with myself. To be proud. Not to care about those people that don't particularly care about me. And to enjoy life, no matter how bloody crappy it can be!

Bring it on October, and as for 29, you've got some making up to do after that bloody 28!!!

Love
Ms Bee
xxx

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you - birthdays are much better for reviewing and vowing rather than new year - although I have to admit that I avoid doing this on any day, if I can help it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I never really set goals as such but a bit of nostalgia never hurt anyone! xxx

      Delete