Wednesday 20 August 2014

Chocolate Cola Cupcakes!!!

I know, amazing right?!
Now in all honesty, I haven't tried these myself... Yet! I found the recipe this morning and knew straight away that I'd have to share it with you guys for my weekly baking post!


As I haven't baked these myself (yet!!) I found this pics on Pinterest, along with other versions of the recipe, however, I've decided that the original recipe was my favorite because they're finished off with popping candy!!!! Yum!!
This recipe's from Christmas at the Christmas Cafe by Jenny Colgan (her books are fab, and they have recipe's in them!)


Ingredients for 12 large cupcakes:
200g plain flour
250g golden caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1 large egg
125ml buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
125g unsalted butter
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
175ml cola

For frosting:
400g icing sugar
125g softened unsalted butter
1 1/2 tablespoons cola syrup (Soda Stream is recommended)
40ml whole milk
popping candy
fizzy cola bottles, candied lemon slices, or candy canes to decorate 
  1. Preheat oven to 180*c and line 12 hole muffin tin with cupcake cases
  2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a seperate bowl, beat together the egg, buttermilk and vanilla
  3. Melt the butter, cocoa, and cola in a saucepan over a low heat. Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients, stir well, then add the buttermilk mixture, beating until the batter is well blended.
  4. Pour into cupcake cases and bake for 15 minutes, or until risen. Set aside to cool.
  5. To make the frosting, beat together the butter and icing sugar until there are no lumps. Stir the cola syrup and milk together in a jug, then pour into the butter and sugar mixture, whilst beating slowly. Whisk until light and fluffy, then add popping candy to taste. The popping candy will lose it's fizz after a while so they should be eaten straight away for full effect!
  6. Ice cakes and add decorations! This is where I would personally add LOADS of popping candy!!!!!
And Voila!!
Don't they sound amazing?!!!!



Do let me know if you make these - I'd love to know how amazing they are!!!!!

Love
Ms Bee
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment