Wednesday 6 August 2014

Meet the Maker: Rachel @ Crafty Little Creations

It's about time for a brand spanking new Meet the Maker!!
Today it's Rachel from Crafty Little Creations...


Who are you and what’s the name of your business?
My name is Rachel Gillham and I'm from Crafty Little Creations

Where are you from?
I am from Leicester originally but now live around half an hour from there in the Rural county of Rutland in a little village surrounded by fields.

What’s your favourite colour?
this one is so hard to choose as I love a lot of colour, but my favourite at the moment seems to be turquoise- I am using it whenever I get a chance in my cards!

What’s your favourite food?
 love paella and making it too- I make it at every chance I get, usually deviating from the recipe to add whatever is in season and ready from our allotment


How would you spend your perfect day?
I would love to spend a day at one of the big papercraft events drooling over the nummy goodies there was on sale- if it was my perfect, perfect day it would be a free spending spree sort of day!

What do you make?
I make cards mainly but dabble in other sorts of papercraft too- I have a love of origami boxes which I also make, and would love to make 3D paper keepsakes but they still scare me a little!


What’s your favourite thing you’ve ever made?
My favourite card so far is  a shabby vintage style card that took me hours to make, using flowers from another facebook page Samaflora and lots of other interesting products including paint and embossing enamel!

Why did you start your business?
I originally started crafty little creations to sell something else, but I really wasn't enjoying it. My friend Sam introduced me to papercrafting just over a year ago and since then it has become a major part of my life- not just a business, it is a large part of my life, and I love to make people beautiful and personal cards that you just would not be able to find in a shop.


What are your inspirations?
I get a lot of inspiration from my two children, and also the fantastic Design team makes for the images I use (all made by very different digital/rubber stamp designers)

What would be your one tip for anyone taking up a new hobby, or turning that hobby in to a business?
Keep trying..it is a hard market out there today and it doesn't happen overnight!


Do go and say hello to Rachel!

Love
Ms Bee
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment